1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Sorted at last.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I have fished solidly for six weeks excluding week ends. I have been Fishing with 3 reels Daiwa's 2500 bg and 2 x 4000 .Lines braid Mono and fluro Seaguar leaders.
    What I have come to in using in future.
    1- Braid out as I do not use Lures.
    2- Fine lines such as 6lb Suffix advance mono. As the Daiwa's are very free running and can over run if not checked and line sneaks into spool and wraps around spindle. A real pain.Also tying knots is very tricky and time consuming.
    3- Will use 6 lb and 15 lbs line only now preference 15lbs maxima ultra green with 10 lbs Seaguar. easy to tie knots still catch same amount of fish and even little Redfin and Roach .
    4- Will always stick to quiver tip 1.5 lbs tip for Trout Redfin Whiting etc. 30 years old daiwa Graphite 2kg - 4kg 6lb Maxima and 6 lb Seaguar Fluro.
    5- Other Rods fast action Silstar 3kg-6kg and Okuma 6kg to 10kg
    Bottom line last week I really enjoyed my fishing no over runs, no tangles and lots of confidence. This morning out fished two younger blokes with good gear and braid using Lures and then Bait, they were there at 6.20 just before me and I left at 10 to nine as I had to be home at nine. . Five to their nil ,one Redfin 340mm.
    Wally

2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Good to see you doing a lot of fishing!!! I have said I am going to come across one day but it hasn't happened. Nor does it look like happening until I return to work. It appears as though you have a competitive streak! What can I say...when I do come, you are going down!!!! :cool:
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Gonna embarrass Team Wally!!! :)

creekboy, Master Baiter and kev209 like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Ha Ha we will see Jim, texting you Photos of todays catch. It has been so cold I bought a Millawaukie heated Jacket to go with my new snowbee gloves.
    You had better come and stay a few days for a Trout session on the Ancona arm near Doon. When we get some Rain.
    Wally

creekboy and kev209 like this.