1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

    You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Spike it Dip and Glow

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Chili, Sep 1, 2019.

  1. Chili

    Chili Well-Known Member

    82
    255
    53
    Aug 28, 2019
    Hi guys. Has anyone used this product for soft plastics? Thinking of getting some to try. If anyone has, how long is its shelf life after opening and does it fade or have any negative attributes?
     
    diesel and kev209 like this.
  2. diesel

    diesel Well-Known Member

    1,114
    3,561
    113
    Sep 23, 2016
    I tried it a few times Chili when I was down in South Oz a few years ago, mainly on snook after dark. They usually go nuts over a lure that glows, but for some reason they weren't all that interested in the Spike-It product. I had more success with using a uv soft plastic and Sax Scent. What were you thinking of targeting with it?

    Jeff
     
    Chili and kev209 like this.
  3. diesel

    diesel Well-Known Member

    1,114
    3,561
    113
    Sep 23, 2016
    Just to add to my last post, when I used it on snook, another fisho gave me some to try so I can't advise on shelf life or whether it fades.

    Because my other passion in life besides fishing is gemstones and minerals, I use a UV light in my identification methods. I also use the light to 'charge' the glow effect on UV soft plastics and hard bodies and it is a handy thing to carry with me when perusing the lures in a tackle shop, regardless of the strange looks I get from staff and other customers when pointing a torch with no visible light beam at a wall of lures. Quite often I come across a lure that just stands out even though it is not marketed as having a glow property.

    Jeff
     
    blair and kev209 like this.
  4. blair

    blair Well-Known Member

    530
    1,626
    93
    Mar 19, 2018
    I can imagine the looks u get diesel I am laughing now thinking about it! also the comments under the breath of other people in shop "bloody nutter fishermen In broad daylight pointing a torch that doesn't work at lures" etc.
    Very astute Jeff, that sort of thinking would put u in the 10% that catch fish while the other 90% are wondering how u do it.
     
    diesel and kev209 like this.
  5. diesel

    diesel Well-Known Member

    1,114
    3,561
    113
    Sep 23, 2016
    Haha, not quite, Blair. It puts me in the group that buy far too many lures, but then, is there such a thing as too many?

    Jeff
     
    kev209 and blair like this.
  6. blair

    blair Well-Known Member

    530
    1,626
    93
    Mar 19, 2018
    No you cant have too many lures , I am in the group that buys nearly too many lures as well, better to have sort of too many than not enough! which reminds me I need to get a few zerek fish traps same as I caught barra on.
    If the usuall argument in every marriage arises about spending money my bride always pulls out the "what about how much u spend on lures!"
     
    kev209 and diesel like this.
  7. Chili

    Chili Well-Known Member

    82
    255
    53
    Aug 28, 2019
    Ok thanks. Yeah I have one of those UV lights too. I check which lure glows best under it when im going to be casting into deep water.
    Think ill order some and give it a go. Be a good excuse to go fishing more often.
     
    diesel and kev209 like this.

Share This Page