1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Stonkers released

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev., Oct 15, 2020.

1. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    15 stonkers were released into each of the 2 lakes near home yesterday. With all the fisho's we saw at 1 of the lakes last night I hope 1 or 2 are left for me to C&R.

Stonker fun comes to Metro Melbourne

They’re back – and this time, the stonker rainbows have come to Melbourne! [​IMG][​IMG]
    That’s right, 18 family fishing lakes in metropolitan Melbourne are being stocked with 500 ‘stonker’ rainbow trout weighing up to 7kg. This will give those families within 5km of these lakes a chance to have some fun.
    Starting with Albert Park and Caulfield Racecourse on Monday, all 18 lakes will be stocked by Wednesday 14 October.
    Remember, if you choose to scout these waters for stonkers, you must be within 5km of your home or permitted work, with up to five people from a maximum of two households and for up to two hours per day, split into a maximum of two sessions.
    Keep a 1.5m distance from others, wear a fitted face mask at all times and don’t share any equipment. For more information on restrictions in place, click here.
    For a list of all the ‘stonker’ stocked waters, dates and release schedules, visit the following link.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Wow great incentive.
    Pete

kev. likes this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Hope you are near a fishing spot now Kev within the 25km radius and with the extra time.
    Wally

kev. likes this.
  4. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I'm heading to Navan Park Lake for a couple of hours in the morning and am looking forward to it.

5. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    After today I think it's time to forget fishing. Things were going great this morning I hooked a decent carp, as I bent over while trying to net it "a bad move" I got the wobbles and into the drink I went. A bloke was watching when I went in, he grabbed my rod and was trying to land the fish, bugger me. A couple of people walking around the lake helped me get back onto dry land, the bloke who grabbed my rod said he lost the carp and just walked away. Another fisho a short distance away just kept on fishing.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Hey Kev, you dont have to go fishing to lose your ballance and fall into the water. I was leaning over the deep end of the pool in winter a couple of years back getting a water sample and over ballanced. I still get water samples but I dont have my phone in my pocket anymore lol.

Dickson and kev. like this.
  7. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    My new fishing buddy "I should say was" I think I'm still in the sh!t at home.
    IMG_2094.JPG

This nice size stonker was caught about 100 meters from where I went swimming
    IMG_2096.JPG

Dickson and Master Baiter like this.
  8. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Nice RB better than the C that got away.

kev. likes this.
  9. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    You can tell it's been brood stock just look at it's tail.

10. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I would have grabbed the rod and yourself Kev and probably slipped in as well.