1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Straight from Dan's mouth

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, May 11, 2020.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Straight from the horses mouth, Dan Andrews just announced as of 11-59 pm tomorrow night Tuesday 12/05/2020, recreation activities including fishing has been eased in Victoria. Limit 10 persons, distance rule still applies. This is to be reviewed at the end of May 2020.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Nine Mile Creek carp will die on Wednesday! The big question is have the bans been lifted prior to CC going into hibernation?

There are some other places I would prefer to fish first but I want to try the creek in the hope I may get some yabbies. I am not confident with the cooler weather.

Strathbogie is another place I want to get too. My last few trips there have been ordinary but hey, there may be scrubbies there!

So my fellow Victorians, where is everyone going to fish?
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Expecting to dominate carp wars over the cooler months! :D

3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I'm just going to the local lake Jim.

4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    We must all respect our fearless leader, "CHAIRMAN DAN". (like hell). Lyall..

5. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I am off to Lake Nagambie tomorrow. Look out Cod we come.
    Cheers Jed

6. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Sal and i are going back to Wyangala.
    Pete

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I am going out to tasman dam (next to Sydney)

8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I'm going to town to check out the BCF clearance sale items - there's gotta be something I need/want/must have. :D

Jeff

9. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I am going to my doctor for a bad back amongst other things. I won't be fishing for a few days I think.

After the doctors I will go to the local tackle store which may turn out to be expensive!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Physically challenged!

10. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    make sure you teach BCF a lesson Diesel if they don't have something you need/want/think you need:D

11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I did! $10 Megabass lures! Did you end up buying anything?

My back pain eased a bit this arvo but then took a turn for the worse later. I am getting an idea what makes it worse and the doc said to take it easy for a while. I will likely get out fishing next week.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    May have bought another rod today!

12. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Got a good tax return today so I shot down to BCF like a missile and bought a Curado K and spooled it up whith 40lb braid and 40lb fluorocarbon leader for casting heavier lures and taking on the big fish,(hopefully) works well whith 95mm zerek fish traps slows the sink rate and I think a better action while sinking. Still casts surprisingly well.
    Jarvis walkers employees must be trying to send them broke I emailed them about their geo spot motor days ago no response yet, I need the dimensions so I can work out how to mount it if I can, on my boat whithout cutting off handrails or drilling front deck, maybe they advertise to sell aluminium punts as well.:confused:

13. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It turned out to be one of those rare occasions when I walked out without buying anything. I had a rummage through the cheap lures, but there wasn't much to get excited about.

Jeff

14. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I bet the BCF staff were standing there whith a look of stunned disbelief when u walked out whithout a purchase:eek: i gravitated over to a new peddle power kayak then dragged myself away over to the gps minnkoto,s then skipped over to the fishing reel section, all the staff saying hi as I moved about, like an old friend. Got the word that the haritail have moved in so theres my next mission.

15. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Yep, I did get some strange looks from one of the staff, but not as strange as the times I drag out the UV torch and start inspecting the lures. I often wonder what they say to one another about the weirdo who uses a torch with an invisible light beam in daylight. :confused:

Hairtail hey, I used to fish for them in Coal & Candle Creek many years ago and then started getting them in some of the deeper holes in Newcastle harbour.

Jeff

16. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Good fun if you can find them but don't ever land one by putting your fingers in their gills, I did once while another was being gaffed, their gill area if full of bloody teeth like razor blades got some serious cuts that take ages to stop bleeding they have some sort of anti coagulant on their teeth. One of the first ones I ever caught I was examining the teeth and touched the front of one fang and it easily cut open my finger.
    G

17. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I made a small gaff using a shark hook without the barb fastened to a short length of broom handle to get them in the boat. They are a nice eating fish.

Jeff

18. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I've read about them but have never seen one.
    Most interesting looking creatures.
    Noel

ratherbefishin and blair like this.