1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Tackle stores in your area.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi minions
    Here in sunny Shepparton I have 3 tackle outlets within a ten minute drive. A Compleat Angler outlet, Tackleworld and BCF. Although with BCF, it is normally 'CBF' for me but yeah, whatever floats your boat! Me thinks I am rather lucky with what we have here. Competing stores which bring down prices and a good range of gear.

Anyway, I guess not everyone is so lucky? What do you have in your local area? No doubt some will be faced with a decent drive to the nearest tackle store so how far away is it? And when you do get there, is it just the one store you have or are there a few in the town you visit?

I remember years ago I used to go for a day trip...Shepparton to Wagga Wagga, over 3 hours drive, stopping all tackle stores (and a bakery at Uranquinty)! Stops in Albury and Wodonga on the way...it was a long day and usually rather expensive! May have to do it again for old time sake!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Cool members have these signatures when they sign off!:cool:

Master Baiter and kev209 like this.
  2. CornaCarpio

CornaCarpio Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I was just thinking when I rode my bike to Box Hill before that tackle stores are becoming few and far between. There used to be a CA in Box Hill, but it's now closed down. As you know, I like to do things on the cheap. Even department stores - such as Big W (in Box Hill at least) no longer sells fishing gear and the fishing section in K-Mart is getting worse and worse (and smaller) each year. I guess it doesn't bother me too much in a way 'cause I mainly go Carp fishing - I really only need small hooks and a bit of line.

I guess it is a bit location dependent as well. When I head up the country to Stawell, there are two well stocked tackle stores in the main street which is quite sufficient for most of the fishing in the area.

Edit - I forgot to add - an Anaconda store opened up in Box Hill south not long after the CA closed down.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Master Baiter, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Well we have three shops that carry everything that any one would need unless you want something a little up market. We are lucky with two Lakes and several Rivers and plenty of visitors to help support them and they sell recommended retail prices in return. ( Competition me thinks) I am lucky within I8kms I have 5 stores that sell fishing gear and Bait. Also servo's have the basics and Bait. Just for the record both of the Lakes are fishing well so come and visit the Mansfield area you wont regret it.
    Wally

Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I've got BCF and that's it. Next closest is in Rockhampton, 300 kms due east.

Team Diesel
    .... deprived and at times, mildly depraved. :D

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.