1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

TBX

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    The future of TBX has often been discussed on here.
    I'd like to add my personal opinions (as I do too often perhaps)
    Over the years there's been many changes in TBX. It virtually collapsed some time ago for various reasons and was then reinvigorated. Many of these forums struggle at times, I suggest that's often due to the attitudes of some people when using this sort of thing as a public media base, who believe they can talk and act like first rate hoons on the forum. This has been posted by a number of TBX people as the reason they left other forums.
    We dragged TBX back from a possible demise, mainly I believe, due to the quality of the membership base.
    You can't help but be pleased by the number of people who were once regular contributors, who disappeared for a length of time but are once again posting stuff. That I believe indicates there is still much strength here.
    While fishing features often, many other things are discussed and even debated. That is excellent.
    I dare to suggest TBX is as strong as any forum needs to be with the most solid member base I have encountered.
    There is no reason in the air to suggests it might fail.
    Noel
    Hoping to catch more and talk more in 2020

blair, diesel, creekboy and 4 others like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    If we keep putting in the effort we are now TBX will be around for a while OMO. BUT we have no say in the decisions made by Admin.

3. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Yeah I think that, along with other forums very tight rules (like no advertising business') and the fact some of the Moderators are complete tools, this leads to their demise and often have to close.

I am glad Tbx is still up and running, even if we are more self running because the owner/admin doesnt do a real lot to help out- but the members we have are passionate and caring without having to be rude or be an a-hole.

Even though I dont come on as often as I like I still like to see how the boys down south are doing and what is catching, and also hear about the health of our members.

So cheers to a new year, and hopefully some big changes personally on my end- which I may voice after all the dust settles.

Anthony

4. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2019
    As a long time forum user (started circa 1998 on some of the early car forums) and a new member of TBX, I must say this is one of the best boards I've had the pleasure to be a member of. I see on occasion folks posting that much of the membership demographic is more venerable than perhaps on other fishing forums. I honestly believe this a huge benefit and brings a great deal of respect and dignity to the board, which is what is missing from many other corners of the internet. As a result, I find TBX to be a wonderfully informative, inclusive and pleasurable place to visit.

Regarding the struggle of forums, I think this is a general trend driven by the uptake of social media platforms (namely Facebook) and it is probably an unavoidable issue (as, for reasons beyond me, people always seem to want more convenience). Another boating-based forum I'm a member of has has the same issue and recently came back from the brink (it was within days of being shut down). However, I suspect the demographic of the users of this board is actually a significant contributing factor to it's survival, based on the value everyone see's in the relationships they have on here and their lack of inclination to follow fickle technology trends (please don't mistake this for a slight, it is entirely a positive comment).

I hope the board maintains it's strength and continues in it's current vein, as I would honestly not frequent another fishing forum anywhere as much as I do TBX (acknowledging I'm not here as much as many other folk).

Finally; one last Merry Christmas folks. May you have a safe, happy and thoroughly enjoyable day tomorrow.

blair, diesel, creekboy and 3 others like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family RBF.

Thank you for your kind words RBF. TBX it is a self run Forum. We have an Owner/Admin but never hear from him, I think he has a fishing guide business up north. It's the great members on this forum that keeps it going, I have always said TBX is a family not just a forum. The only board is an old bit of 4x2 kicking around somewhere.

ratherbefishin, blair, diesel and 3 others like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    As all of above. Cheers, Lyall.

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Hey maybe we could start a new forum : "the 4x2 forum" I cant think of anything to post on it but. TBX was good for fire updates may have saved me getting singed or trapped on a road somewhere, wouldnt be upset if it was near a good fishing camping spot though.