1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Team Bender vs Team Wally!

Discussion in 'Fishing in Victoria' started by Rod Bender, May 23, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Who will reign supreme?

1. Team Bender

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Team Wally

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Team Bender talks sh!t!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yep....it's on this Monday! Clash of the Titans! :cool: Team Wally has the home ground advantage as we are fishing Lake Nillahcootie. But team Bender is not concerned!

Gear is being prepared and tactics thought about. Secret bait is being prepared which involves pink food dye! Bait yabbies have peaked after a month long training program.

Feel free to vote in the poll I started. You should be able to vote twice.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    The intimidator!

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 12:37 PM
    Old fisho, creekboy, blair and 3 others like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Are there any rules to be observed in this clash or is it a no holds barred sort of event?

Jeff

3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Only fishing rules! Therefore no firearms or explosives! I am dropping in at Wally's for coffee prior so I will be very wary in regards to what I have! Don't want to drink something then wake up 6 hours later realising I have slept through the comp whilst Wally bagged out! :cool:

I haven't started soaking my bait yet...had better get onto it! The poll shows it is even money so far! :cool: This will be interesting!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Has even been watching Swamp People in the hope that alligator techniques can be applied to carp fishing! :eek:

4. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I hope it's a draw, wishing you both a great day. Tight lines.

5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I ticked all 3 boxes, anyone who puts there bait through a 1 month exercise program:eek: deserves to win though.

6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    We have a winner by forfeit! :) Team Wally is in need of urgent dental work so the trip is off! It has upset everything! Sportsbet is not happy as over $5 Mil had been wagered! Shares in bait corn and food dye plummeted! Telstra, who spent $5 Bil upgrading the internet so it could cope with the fish pics, have also taken a hit on the stock exchange!

My SAS yabbies, which have been combat training for the last month, were that annoyed, 2 of them leaped out and went for my jugular! :mad: Where will it end?!!!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Now pondering where to fish tomorrow.... Nine Mile Creek me thinks!

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Well it is a bit of a coincidence that I receive my replacement 6lb,10lb 15lb and 21lb Suffix advance Mono line and new Mustad fish handling gloves tomorrow. Putting off tomorrow for a side of tooth filling that came off is disappointing.
    Jim I guess it is a great relief to you BUT name any other day this week and it is game on. I use 10lbs mono which is only .022mm looks like cotton and used on a 1lb feather tip 2 -5kg rod 2500 reel. this combo handles up to 10kg fish easily as the lake is low and with no obstructions. With Advance you would never have to tie another leader again, a lot of braid fishos are coming back to this Mono.
    looking at your fishing pic you will have plenty of time to video and photograph my catches. Lol
    Wally

Old fisho, blair, diesel and 2 others like this.
  8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I actually use cotton!:cool: 10 kg fish...that's ok if you are happy chasing tiddlers!:) I may struggle getting across on another day this week Wally. Will see what happens.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Doesn't get excited til the fish is over 50 kg!

Old fisho, blair, diesel and 2 others like this.
  9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    GAME ON !!!!

diesel, Rod Bender and Old fisho like this.
  10. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    The China/USA argument has suddenly paled into insignificance.
    Noel