1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

VFA!!!

Discussion in 'Fishing in Victoria' started by Rod Bender, May 20, 2017.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi peoples
    Well it has happened! Just as Vic fisheries (Travis Dowling from memory) stated at a fishing forum in Shepparton last year, Fisheries Victoria will now become a new statutory authority! From memory (and only memory so don't quote me on this) on the night in Shepp it was stated that becoming a statutory authority that fisheries will have control over money! In particular...our money that is paid in license fees. So the government can not siphon the money off to other areas. Anyway, as I said, I could be wrong.
    VFA.JPG
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Thinking of becoming a statutory authority myself!

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Can only be a good thing:)Anyone heard from vr fish lately:eek:

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Would hazard a guess they will make up the new 'independent' board! Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see who ends up on it. I am not sure why, and this is only my view, but sometime the most vocal people who are backed by others for positions like this...are idiots!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Vote for me, that'll f*** 'em!

4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Sorry Jim, I overlooked this post. Cant be worse than what we had. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  5. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    What's wrong with what we have? Certainly some issues but I don't think they are doing to bad.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Sit's at a work desk about 100 metres away from the fisheries section:)

kev209 likes this.
  6. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Well surprise surprise,they(vr fish) still do exist, i got a newsletter & a voluntary survey via email from them today.Had to retrieve the survey from the spam file:rolleyes: but i filled it out.

Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  7. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Did it take long? I have the email sitting in my inbox. Don't want to start it during a coffee break if it takes 15 days to do!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    My opinion counts!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    AWL and kev209 like this.
  8. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Doesn't take long at all RB,they don't use to many big word's so you should be able to fit it in during your smoko break.

Rod Bender and kev209 like this.