1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Warrning to canberra locals

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by Mark5fish, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Mark5fish

Mark5fish New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Hey guys

Not a good story but need to be put out there for all to know in the ACT. Was fishing a pine island south on Thursday for about 1 hr between 3-4pm was about 100m from the car and walked back to find my car broken into most of my fishing tackle was taken my okuma celino match with a diawa luguna all my soft plastic box and well as my jackall box:( My JVC video camera and olumpus camera enviro net as well as my fly rod 2 bags cammell pack cds you get the picture not a happy day!!!!

Was in contact with the police and found 2 other cars were broken into as well during the time. But not much i can do about it. I am writing to this to say watch you car around local areas there will try and get into through the locks but will smash window if that fails.

Also if anybody heres or see anything about my stuff i will be able to pick it mile away so pls be in contact.

P.S If U ARE THE PRICK WHO STOLE MY STUFF AND F@#@$^^ UP MY CAR AND YOU RE READING THIS BE VERY AFFRAID.......VERY AFFRAID.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Bad luck dude , very bad luck. low life theiving pricks.

Just goes to show how diligent we need to be with our stuff.I make sure that I leave nothing of any value in the car and I usually leave the glove box and center console open as well.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  3. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Thats so sad mate.Its like a broken record the amount of times in the last month or so somebody has had stuff damaged or stolen.Looks like we all need to get a blue dog.One of the locals on here had his 1/4 panel chopped with an axe in the same car park i think.

4. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    im feeling for you brother :(. Its pretty much steered me of the place. My last trip out all day I was worried after hearing old mates storey about the axe but seems i was lucky.

They will bring themselves undone, canberra is a small place, so its only a matter of time. They would want to hope the coppers catch up with them and not the blokes they have ripped off :mad:.

All the coppers would need to do is plant a car out there with a packet of smokes on the dash and a few bucks in the console and wait in the bushes, it would be that easy.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    **** that sux bro we should set up a sting ourselves and catch the pricks redhanded and then see what they have to say lol or not say when they have broken jaws:lol:

6. Mark5fish

Mark5fish New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    sting

Hey i am thinking of planning a sting on these fuckers soon have talked to a few people and we all think it is the best approach due to the coppers doing nothing about it will keep u informed.

7. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Mark, be very, very careful. Even if you get what they do on video, if you touch them or harm them in any way then you can be up for assault at the least.
    If you do hit them and they injure ANY part of their body then you open up the whole can of worms in regard to civil suits against you. If you want to do a sting then I would advise you sit in the bushes, video it all but don't get out of the bushes, get their car rego and then present what you have to the coppers.
    Good luck with whatever you do, and I hope you don't suffer for a rash action.
    Also, was your car insured? If so then you can claim all the gear you lost on the insurance.

Cheers,

Sam

8. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Also, cruise some of the second hand shops and ebay, you'd be surprised what turns up!
    I got a guitar back by finding the prick on Ebay, I knew it was mine because it was a custom job.
    I reported it to the cops and the ebay mods and my gear was eventually returned, with the bastard charged for the theft.

9. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    bloody losers!!!!! we only get these problems when the bloody college kids are off on holidays!!!! its the main reason i hardly ever fish the river anymore- unless i get dropped off!!!! don't worry mark as bucks said canberra is a small place, they can run but they cant hide!!!!!!

10. shaun

shaun Member

Apr 14, 2009
    im with dan, i rarely fish the rivers for that reason, if i do i make sure my car is empty. in a carpark or out the front of your house, no where is safe anymore. hope you find your stuff and those who took it.

11. bob 351

bob 351 New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    there is still the citizens arrest clause then you know who they are :)get the cops involved then maybe a vistit a couple months later if you know what i mean:)

12. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    sorry fellas to jump in since I am nowhere near Canberra, but I could not help noticing the whole 'sting' idea.

My opinion is this-
    The theives know the area, they target it, they are most probably visable at times when caseing out jobs, but to the unbeknown fisho they probably just look like cruisers or passers by.

The trick is to have some kind of understanding to observe the comings and goings of the area, report any strange or suspicious activities.

The theives would hit the area only when they are sure noone is present so sooner or later somone will notice them as there actions will be different to most in the area.

Car number plates, colour and model, descriptions of people and times are all invaluble info for the police to seal the deal on them.

cheers

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  13. Mark5fish

Mark5fish New Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Hey guys just a thought. I talked to my insurance company about my stuff and they will not cover anything [​IMG] Comprehensive car insurance does even cover it either!! The only positive thing i got out of them was with my home insurance they will cover stolen goods from my residence but not items i take away from my home. After a short conversation with them i found that i could insure personal items that i take with me ie yakk fishing gear camera and all the way to my laptop etc This didn't add any charges to my insurance policy. So i advise all of you if you have house insurance give them a call and put items you want insured on a personal list to be able to leave your residence. All my stuff now is insured and i feel lot better off knowing that if it gets flogged i will get something back at least. Hope this helps people out there. Cheers for the replies guys and i hope this doesn't happen to anyone else over this time of year Merry Christmas everyone and have a great new year. P.S went out for a crack today and got good golden so least i feel a bit better. [​IMG]

14. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    No good mark5fish, always handy to have "tools of trade" coverage for gear in the car under the comprehensive insurance policy.

guys i understand this is a passionate topic sure to get everyone's blood boiling but there is NO NEED FOR THE SWEARING... might i remind you that this place is visted by alot of younger fishos and some of you need to realise we are not sitting around the camp fire having a beer :cool:
    please consider this before swearing blatantly on the forums!

15. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Sorry dude ill fix it , Like you said passionate subject that happens all too often in the ACT.

16. Brownie

Brownie New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    So sad there are so many threads of fisho's getting there gear ripped off, especially in canberra,(no offence to anybody but i;m sure glad we left that place) we got out when our house got done over on chrissy eve they not only took the lot they trashed the house on the way out. I think it is just the way it is now as bad as that is to say we just gotta get smarter than the low lifes preying on other people's hard earned gear. I got nothing else it's just discusting......................Brownie

17. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    There are plenty of places i wouldnt fish in canberra if i have to leave my truck there.But i know so many other spots where i can see my truck from the water or fish in eye sight of it.You have to be very carefull where you park.Plenty of low life scum who take full advantage of people fishing.They know you are going down to the water to fish and probably know how far your car is from the water.

As for the sting operation.It makes me smile to see young fellas with enough fire in them to even say it.But dont do it unless you are prepared to end up in much more trouble with the law than the turds who stole your gear.Video taping of people without their knowledge probably wont stand up in court unless its taken by a private investigator

18. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    We all know as its been covered in a heap of other posts in the past but the sad thing is that even if they were caught all they would get a slap on the wrist and thats that :mad:.

19. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Bugger. Cross another spot off the fishing list. :(

I'm always worried that I'll find my car/trailer tampered with when I get back from fishing.

20. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    2 of my friends walked past one of my friends house saw these sus people mooching out the front of the house and they told them to f@#k of so they came and got me and we went back the 3 guys were gone we saw the blind quickly split open and close so we got one of the neighbours and the people jumped the fence and started to run. my neighbour(footy coach) chased them and in the end he was fending one off with a stick as the tosser was coming at him with a knife.

in the end that got one. better one than none and me my friends and coach all got police certificates haha but still we lost 2 of the moles