1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

What is it about TBX?

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    It's been several years since I first tuned in here. Some close and valued friendships have evolved from it. I quit a couple of years ago during a nasty dispute that was occurring but returned after things settled down again.
    I have, like a couple of old members been absent since the kerfuffle before Christmas. I take the risk and liberty of using names. Kev and Diesel did the same. Following communication with these two great guys, there are solid indications that, like me, after admitting they miss the site, they will likely return as active members. One suggested he may not be welcomed. I again took the liberty of suggesting he would be most welcome.
    But what of the future?
    It seems behind the scenes there are people (I don't call them members) who are hell bent on causing damage and causing trouble. Should anyone have contact from them, I suggest no reply be given. Should they contact by phone as they have done; QUICKLY hang up.
    They are not wanted and certainly not needed here. Without them this site can continue for a very long time.
    With no TBX there's a hole out there I keep stepping in. I miss the communication, the friendships but most of all I miss something few forum sites have. Namely, there is great respect for fellow members within TBX. I group ladies like our Missniss amongst the fellows. Hope she doesn't mind. I think it's most excellent to have her opening up about the difficulties she faces and nothing but good can come of it. The more people who share a load means less each has to carry. Hang in there Sandy.
    Unfortunately, this has become a bit drawn out as most of my stuff is, and I thank you for your patience if you've got this far.
    I look forward to a continuation with you guys. Regards, Noel.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Well said and welcome back, Noel.

Jeff

3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    X2

diesel, Old fisho and creekboy like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X3. About time some bloody sense returned to TBX. Cheers, Lyall.

diesel, Old fisho, Missniss and 2 others like this.
  5. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks Lyall, Jeff and Kev

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    We might well be a collection of old farts, but with a wealth of collective shared wisdom. Cheers, Lyall.

Missniss, blair, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    X4. I was wondering where all u guys had gone, good to c u back. from maybe youngest middle age/old fart.
    Write as many big posts as u want Noel always a pleasure to read, look at how many I send, hope the taxatation office doesn't start putting a tax on them, backdated of course!
    I have not had any phone calls from whoever the DH is causing trouble probably a fishermen hater, Would be a good idea to document calls from the DH.
    cheers

8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Hey, Lyall, good to see you back on here :)

Jeff

9. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Hi guys I have been a bit quite of late to due to some health problems. Will put a post up shortly.
    Good to see you guys back, ignore anys DHs,
    Cheers Pete

diesel, Missniss, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Good news Pete. Some of us were concerned, knowing you had a recent issue to contend with. N.

Madfisher, diesel, Missniss and 2 others like this.
  11. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Hi guys.

I've had contact from a couple of members wondering what's happening as I've not been on board.
    The interest and concern is well noted I assure you. I thank those involved sincerely.
    I have book presentations at three libraries to cope with. These involve a minimum of an hour address and producing a slide show (power point) to match. I am not supposed to use a copy at other venues. This involves close to ten days preparation, starting about 6.00am to finish around 5.30pm, and that's without a stop. Of course I'm crazy. It would have to be worth thousands which it's certainly not. They will be finished tomorrow; then I have to go to the three towns to distribute promo posters and talk to the libraries about final details. Will be tied up for around two weeks. Then, I have to do the actual author talks. Hang in there; I hope to get back when the world stops spinning quite so madly. I really don't need that much pressure at the moment. Regards, N

Madfisher, blair, kev209 and 3 others like this.
  12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Busy, busy, busy hey? Here I was thinking that you had gone off fishing somewhere and you were keeping it all to yourself :rolleyes:.

I don't envy you Noel, any daily workload more complicated than feeding the dog each morning is about all I'm happy to deal with this time of year - damn heat is becoming rather taxing.

Hang in there mate.

Jeff

Madfisher, blair, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  13. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    Hang in there ,Noel. It will be over in a while and you will be able to relax with rod and a bottle of red. Cheers, Lyall.

diesel, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  14. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Take things easy and listen to the Boss

creekboy and diesel like this.
  15. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I thought u were off having a fish as well,how do I purchase a the book noel.

16. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks guys. I don't take the support lightly.

Blair; I'll send you a PM if OK N

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  17. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    It is a fantastic read. Thanks again for the time and effort you put into this book, Noel. Cheers, Lyall.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  18. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
  19. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    yes pls send PM

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  20. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks guys. Publicity doesn't get any better than that. N

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.