1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Whats whith the wheather?

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by blair, May 25, 2020.

1. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I wish you Victorians would stop sending your shitty wheather up here to NSW been raining like hell for days and windy also cold! and you Queenslanders can your cyclones up there as well how is anybody supposed to get any fishing done around here? geezuz:confused::confused::confused:

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Cold aint the word for it!!!

I'm sure we have entered another ice age, only 3 degrees here at the moment and a few days ago I was moaning about it being 17.

Not happy with it. :mad:

Jeff

3. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Im sure the fish dont mind they are wet anyways roflroflrofl... We needed a good flush of Brissy Waters and I have "heard" the mouth of the Hawkesbury has seen some big jews in the last few days, and even some caught near Woy Woy rail bridge, along with some kingies inside the rail bridge near Woy Woy Bay. Im heading out tomorrow for a beach run and then have a class on Sunday morning @ Putty Beach so hopefully the Bream and Ting will be hungry.

Blair we should tee up a session in your boat one weekend??? I can do mid week also as I have Tues, Wed and Thurs off from work- happy to jet out when you get some time so flick me a PM when you can get some free time.

Will post up a report when I can get out

Tight lines ya'all

Anthony

creekboy and diesel like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    S---T I didn't think it got down to 3 degrees in central QLD you will probably be wearing a set of freezer overalls up there.
    Yes for sure Anthony maybe weekend coming if wheather permits especially whith the jewies on the go, your jewie knowledge may get me one hooked up haven't caught a decent jew for ages theres always the hairtail as well.
    I will contact you towards end of week after looking at the wheather and see if we can make a plan.
    cheers

creekboy and diesel like this.
  5. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Holy crap mate, that must have been a shock, bit like putting me in southern Tas .
    Keep warm Pete.
    Lovely 15c here now in Bathurst.

blair, creekboy and diesel like this.
  6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    We have actually had it down to -5 a few years ago and most winters we get one or two frosts.

Yes Pete, it is a shock to go from consistent minimum temps in the low to mid 20's down to single figures, especially as low as 3 degrees and as much as I whinge about the cold, it doesn't take too many cold mornings to get used to it. I should have been a farmer, always moaning about the weather, too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet, too windy......

Jeff

Madfisher and blair like this.
  7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Farmers sound like fishermen

diesel, Old fisho and Madfisher like this.
  8. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Blair you must be either Irish or getting old ;) haven't you heard we are in global WARMING now :p:p:p

blair, Madfisher and diesel like this.
  9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Im getting old and bold/bald for sure probably scraping frost off my windscreen next month.

Tackleberry likes this.