1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

where's everyone gone

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by strikem, Aug 29, 2018.

1. strikem

strikem Active Member

May 5, 2008
    looks like only 4 people on this forum having discussions,what have you guys done for it to go so bad ?

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's just one of those characteristics of forums these days where members pop in occasionally, get involved in a few topics and then go off and do something else. We hadn't seen you here for a fair while either, but here you are and it's good to see you back again.

The forum hasn't gone bad, it is still active, but at a slower pace than a lot of people are used to with other social media such as Facebook. Some members have dropped off altogether and new members have joined. There is a core group of members on here who do most of the posting and that is normal for any forum.

Jeff

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    And some of us would prefer to be more active.

4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    This! I was going to mention the other day that it is good to see you back strikem...but I didn't get around to it. I hope you stick around and hopefully some newer members may start posting as well. All we need here is some decent fishing reports which may generate some interest. Unfortunately it is not that easy as I have found out. It has been hard for me to get out and then when I have results have not been that good.
    cheers
    Jim

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  5. strikem

strikem Active Member

May 5, 2008
    I to have lost interest in forums over time as when you give a comment others want to challenge everything said,in the end why bother.
    Never did any thing with face book and i hear that's a very big community which enjoy arguments.

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I asked this same question a while back, now the weather is starting to pick up so will the forum.
    The most important thing is quality not quantity. I occasionally look at other forums and Facebook and see members arguing among themselves and some of the replies to genuine posts are just stupid remarks from morons. Granted TBX is slow at times but the members are a great bunch and are willing to pass there knowledge on to others.

7. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    I agree fully with your Face book comment, more trouble than it is worth. Cheers, creekboy.

Old fisho, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  8. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I got into Facebook but have only put up one post. Can't stand all the crap that's in there. Jeff's comic shot at Facebook in 'Joke of the Day' recently was too close to the truth for comfort. Over time I admit I've been in other forums but never more than one at a time. I left them because of the red-neck language. (Don't for a minute think I'd say 'golly gosh' if I hit myself with a hammer) I'm sure it would be stronger than that. That combined with the endless bickering and spiteful way they communicated was too much for me. Our little TBX is the most civilised forum I have met with and there's no higher commendation from me than that. It was John Denver who sang of 'going to see friends I've yet to meet'. That's an interesting thought. To date I've met two members from TBX. Our old mate Kev and Anthony Harriss of whom we don't hear much these days due to other commitments. You would know him as 'Kambah Critter'. He's a lovely bloke. Ant and I've had some great times on the lake here. He's also stayed in our home s
    everal times
    . His wife Georgie and their three girls are an equal pleasure to know. A few more like him in TBX would be terrific. One day we'll get him back.
    There are other people on site that I'll surely never meet. There's a sadness in that as they are somehow included in my 'friends' list. My posts have been less in number and that's for reasons of which I'd prefer not to know. Whether I can give it more time remains to be seen. Possibly I've caught my last big flattie; but only time will tell.
    Meanwhile if everyone just continues on as we are; as Kev says 'As the weather improves again, more things will happen'. We do have a good site. Better a happy small one than a big one full of 'Richard Craniums'. Noel

9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Hi strikem i get on the forum when I have some time , not working too much. I sense maturity and respect in the discusions very informative too, never even bothered whith facebook seems to be a lot of 'Richard craniums' on there! ha ha. a psycho's paradise.
    Hopefully I will have a fishing report soon just put a new fishfinder and battery in boat so I am good to go.
    tight lines

10. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    All I can say is Noel really nailed it with his previous post. Facebook , social media they call it, I call it social misery. Cheers, Lyall.

Old fisho, diesel and kev209 like this.
  11. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I must confess I have a Facebook account, BUT it is only to communicate with our family in the US, have only one friend and that's our daughter. I had some chick in camo gear holding an AK 47 wanting to be a friend.

Old fisho, diesel and blair like this.
  12. strikem

strikem Active Member

May 5, 2008
    Did you end up getting a AK47 ?

kev209 and diesel like this.
  13. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    No bl##dy way, this chick didn't look to bad either. The AK looked better though.

Old fisho, diesel and blair like this.
  14. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    Hopefully fishing and enjoying the great Aussiemoutsoors!

kev209 likes this.
  15. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    probably look real good whithout the camo gear on I would probably hardly notice the ak.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.