1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Which coloured lenses?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    I am eventually going to replace the polarized glasses that I have. One pair is yellow tinted to enhance light...I will be getting another one of those.

Any suggestions for lens color for freshwater fishing on bright days? Also, I guess there are different materials that the lenses can be made out of, if so, how do they rate in quality?

I will be getting them made at my optometrist.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Should have went to Specsavers!

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I think Howard (Bluefin) could be the man to answer that Jim. From what I have seen with others wearing brands like Spotters, Mako etc, they seem to be a fashion statement more than practical polarized glasses - I could be wrong.

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. CornaCarpio

CornaCarpio Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I have a preference for the copper/amber coloured lenses. Can't really articulate why, just a personal preference.

Your question did pique my interest though, and I typed 'which lenses are better for fishing' into the Google machine and came up with this interesting article:

https://breaklineoptics.com/blogs/our-blog/rebuttal-lens-color-does-matter-for-fishing

According to the article, 'Copper/brown/amber lenses block high amounts of blue light to heighten contrast and visual acuity...Since copper lenses block out blue light, they allow you to focus and better distinguish objects from each other in the water, thus making them more suitable for sight fishing"

Proceed with caution though. Apparently "you can go broke buying glasses for every situation".

CC
    Keeping an eye out for Bender and his wallet o_O

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I wear glass makos sort of brown/copper tint, good for freshwater and works well in salt.
    They look really cool as soon as I put them on lots of really hot chicks start hanging around and start wanting to fish whith me and ask me for my number etc.